Robert Teuber is a partner in our Milwaukee office. Rob is a tax attorney whose practice focuses on tax disputes and controversies. He works with clients across the United States to resolve IRS tax audits, Tax Court litigation, personal liability assessments, tax collection matters, Offers in Compromise and foreign financial account disclosures. He also works with state and local tax authorities to address sales, employment, income and property tax controversies.
Committed to helping organizations and people outside of his tax practice, Rob has sat on the board of directors and executive committees of various non-profit organizations. He currently serves as the Secretary of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Tax Section Board of Directors and on the State Bar’s standing Continuing Legal Education Committee. He has also presented to State and Local Bar Association executives from across the United States on the adaptation of new internet technologies to improve communication of the services the organizations provide.
Representative Matters and Experience
- Representation of individuals and businesses in federal income and employment tax audits and State of Wisconsin income, withholding and sales tax audits.
- Contesting asserted liabilities through federal and Wisconsin appeal procedures and the United States Tax Court.
- Challenging assertions of personal liability for federal employment taxes and state withholding and sales tax liabilities.
- Assisting clients in federal and Wisconsin tax collection matters including installment agreements; Offers in Compromise and uncollectible classifications.
- Challenging property tax assessment and valuation disputes before Boards of Review and in the Wisconsin Courts.
- Assisting clients in federal and state voluntary disclosure proceedings; foreign bank account disclosures and compliance, seller’s permit revocation proceedings and non-filer case resolution.
- Analyzing tax and economic considerations for new and existing businesses, structuring transactions and preparation of agreements for a variety of business deals.
Recognition and Writing
- Included in the Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists for seven years.
- Selected as Leading Lawyer in M Magazine for 3 years.
- Frequent speaker at conferences and continuing education seminars.
- Writer of commentary for CCH tax publications and a contributor of articles on complex tax and business issues in the Wisconsin Accountant, BizTimes, CPA Magazine the Wisconsin Law Journal and other periodicals. Author of the tax law blog at www.taxlawforum.com.